Lee T. Thurber, M.D.
Board Certified OphthalmologistContact Us >
Dr. Thurber grew up near Roca, Nebraska and is a Norris High School graduate. He earned his under graduate degree from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He completed his Doctorate of Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He went on to complete an Internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He completed is Ophthalmologic Surgery Residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas.
Thurber is a board certified comprehensive Ophthalmologist who specializes in Cataract Surgery, including premium intraocular lens implantation.
Thurber is married with two sons and enjoys spending time with his family. In his spare time, he enjoys playing acoustic guitar in a local band, reading, & coaching youth sports teams.
- Norris High School, Valedictorian
- Bachelors Degree, with High Distinction, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Chancellor’s 4.0 Scholar, President of the Innocents Senior Honor Society
- 4 year Regent’s Scholar and named Outstanding Senior Student in the College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
- Doctorate of Medicine, with High Distinction, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Regent’s Scholar, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Internal Medicine, Internship, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Ophthalmologic Surgery Residency, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Recognized at the Alamo City Ophthalmology Conference for research in the incidence of post-operative cataract infectious endophthalmitis utilizing different incision techniques and the presence of hypercoagulable indicators in retinal vascular disease.
- Presented educational programs for various medial professionals on the topics of diabetic eye disease, cataracts, macular degeneration, glaucoma, and cataract surgery.
Office of Drs. Dotson, Mota, Thurber, Tanner since 2004
1101 S. 70th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, NE 68510