Southwest Lincoln Surgery Center staff is dedicated to your child’s health and comfort in providing a positive experience. Our trained staff will help reassure and comfort your child throughout their entire stay. The staff will also provide information and support for your child’s family. Here are some helpful suggestions to better prepare you and your child for surgery:
- If available, it is helpful for both parents to be present on the day of surgery
- Bring your ID and child’s identification (birth certificate, school ID, SS card, etc.)
- Bring a comfort item, such as a stuffed animal or toy
- Arrange a visit to the Center prior to surgery for you and your child
- You will required to remain in the Center while your child is in surgery
Our nurses will contact you prior to the day of surgery to obtain necessary information to better care for your child. During the pre operative call, the nurses will prepare you for what to expect the day or surgery and answer any questions you may have to help any anxiety about our child’s upcoming procedure.